Tuesday, October 20, 2015

PAIR update

I know, I know, I am a really bad blog updater!  I'm sorry!  Life has a bit crazy, with 2 kids in soccer and after school activities, I'm usually too tired once the kids go to bed to string a coherent sentence together let alone write a whole blog post. 

However, I have been meaning to post an update/thoughts post for the past week now, and finally have energy to sit down and do it.  Well, last week my little girl was on my mind a lot (as if she isn't always on my mind!!) but this was an anxious feeling and I was sending lots of prayers her way.  We have been waiting for a letter from her orphanage since submitting our initial referral acceptance paperwork, and I was getting antsy because I hadn't heard anything about it and it was past the point on our timeline that that should have been completed.  So it was making me sad and nervous so I was thinking about her a lot.

Well, finally we got word at the end of last week that the paperwork they were waiting for had come through! Yay!  But sad day, they were waiting for a few more documents to be delivered before they could submit our paperwork to US immigration (USCIS).  Well, we finally got the word today that they had received everything and it has all been sent off to US immigration to start our "PAIR" process.  This is the process that approves us to be the parents of a specific child.  I am really hoping that the forms that our agency was waiting for will be exactly what our case manager at USCIS will need to quickly process our PAIR documents and will speed up that leg of the journey.  Please be praying that this next stage will go very quickly and that USCIS won't need any more clarifying information from us in order to process it all.

I am in a weird phase right now.  We have about 5-6 months until our first trip for Ethiopian court.  We were initially quoted about 6 months from getting matched with a child until our first trip to Ethiopia.  It's been about a month now, but I am adding on a few extra weeks in my brain's estimated timeline for unforeseen delays.  So 5-6 months until we travel to meet her.  Part of me feels like that day can't come fast enough and I just want it to get here so I can go get to know this adorable little girl.  The other part of me knows the reality of my crazy life and how quickly this time is going to fly by and I'm so nervous I won't have everything done that I want to get done before she gets home.  I have come to see how nesting during adoption is very real people!!  So continued prayers that we can keep working diligently to prepare for her arrival in just a few short months would be wonderful!

Lastly, we continue our fundraising efforts.  We still have a lot of miscellaneous fees, like mailing paperwork, literally, all over the world.  Also, in country expenses and of course air fare, when the time comes.  We plan on doing 1, maybe two more sheet orders before our first trip.  We will for sure be doing another order middle to late November for people who are interested in buying some for Christmas gifts.  So please let me know if you're interested in ordering some.  Secondly, my mom and I have been making things for a bazaar we are doing at the end of August t o sell.  It has been fun getting my craft on, but hard feeling like I don't always have the time to make things, so haven't gotten as much done as I had hoped.  If anyone is crafty and would like to donate goods to our bazaar, please let me know!  We would love to add it to the table.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and support.  I will try to keep the blog updated as our prayer requests change and as we move along through the process.  Also, know that I can't share specifics about our daughter or our case on the blog, but I am MORE than happy to talk about it in person (and show off pictures of course)!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment