Monday, September 28, 2015

Surreal

The past few weeks have just been so surreal!  In order to officially accept our referral and get all of the paper work started to adopt her, we had to fill out a HUGE packet of documents.  We got those FedExed to our agency last weekend so now we are just waiting on paperwork to be completed by the orphanage and the governments, so that should be a waiting game for about a month.  Then we will have some more paperwork to complete, and then another wait!  I feel like the week we were filling out all of the forms and paperwork I was just waiting for the call saying "just kidding, this isn't real" or I'd wake up and find it was all a dream!  Well that never happened, so it must be all for real!!  It is amazing how many things have seemed to come together or make sense now, that didn't make sense a few short months ago.  God is just so good through all of this I am continuously amazed at how often I see him at work through adoption. 

While we wait we are focusing on getting everything ready to add a third child!   We are reading books about parenting adopted children and meeting with friends who have shared similar experiences.  We just want to be as prepared as we can possibly be for what's ahead.  We are also trying to clean and purge our house! This is exciting because we have kept a lot of baby items not knowing if we would be matched with a younger child or smaller child and would need it.  But now that we know who our daughter is we can get rid of the baby stuff!  YAY!!!  It's funny because I already feel like I'm nesting!  I just want everything to be ready to reduce the stress in our house when we bring Sister home.  I also feel like I have pregnant lady brain!  Didn't expect that to happen!  I think it's because I am so excited and giddy all of the time, my brain gets distracted easily.  So bear with me if I'm acting crazy! 

We also got some updated pictures of Sister last week and they were of good quality so I was able to print them off and put them in frames with the boys pictures around the house!  WOW, such a small thing, but it just brings a huge smile to all of our faces whenever we pass one of the new pictures.  She is just so cute!! 

Please be praying for us during this wait.  Please pray that our daughter remains healthy and well taken care of.  Also pray that her heart and mind are prepared to be joined with her forever family and that she will anticipate that day just as much as we are!  Also pray that we can get everything done and learn as much as we can in the next few months, I have a feeling it's going to go fast!  Also pray for our hearts and minds (the boys included) that we can prepare for adding another child to our family.  Thanks so much for supporting us as always! 

No comments:

Post a Comment