Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Making progress

I just wanted to post a quick update to our journey.  Well, we have finally found an agency to work with!  I spent a lot of time talking to different agencies and other people about our options.  After a lot of research and prayer we felt we were supposed to switch our agency to Lifeline Children's Service.  They are a Christian organization which I really appreciated and I have heard only good things about them.  We applied about a week ago, and were accepted.  The past few days we have spent reading and signing a million different papers and will send those in, probably tomorrow.  We will then have an orientation interview with our case manager at Lifeline. 

We have already been contacted by the social worker who will be doing our home study and have actually filled out a few of the home study forms!  It is a ton of paper work!  So I thought if we did a few forms a night, we will hopefully be making some good progress on it, without feeling completely overwhelmed.  I am so excited to be making some progress.  The research phase, while important, was really hard since we weren't making any progress and it was quite discouraging and frustrating to me.  But we are moving forward again and are happy to report it to you guys. 

We have also been collecting donations for our garage sale coming up in just a week and a half!  Thank you to all who have contributed.  We really appreciate it.  And we have a VERY full garage to transport down to my parent's house this coming weekend and next week.  We are still accepting donations and any little bit helps, so if you have anything that you would like to donate, let Ryan or I know!  We would love to come take it off your hands. 

Thanks to everyone who is praying for us as well.  We are excited to be moving forward, and relish all of the prayers we can get.  We have a long road ahead!  Please pray specifically right now that we won't get overwhelmed and bogged down by all of the paperwork.  Sometimes we look at the huge pile of papers and would just rather put it off.  But we want to get it done quickly, so we need for motivation and endurance to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment